April 30, 2012

NBA Playoffs: Day1/2

So the Phoenix Suns have been eliminated from the playoffs for the 2nd consecutive year now. This means I am yet again without a team to root for in the playoffs. The advantages are: 1. no heartbreaks (haha) 2. I can enjoy the playoffs from purely a basketball fan's POV. 

Most of the results have been expected. The ones that were surprising were Boston VS Atlanta & Clippers VS Grizzlies. 

Boston VS Atlanta
Yes I know, it is Atlanta's homecourt, and judging from recent history, they've been known to surprise us all. BUT this is the Celtics! I expected more from them! And the 2 Technicals slapped on Rondo will only serve to make things even worse for them (as of now, it's still unsure whether Rondo will be given a one-game suspension). I suppose Ray Allen sitting out cost them a lot more than I expected. 

Clippers VS Grizzlies
I didn't watch the game. I was just checking the scores from time to time. The game was initially a blowout. With Memphis leading by as much as more than 20 points. So imagine my surprise when I found out that Clippers actually won the game by 1 point! Talk about a comeback! They're calling it possibly the best playoff comeback ever. The Clips made a 28-3 run from the 9:13 mark of the 4th Quarter. With Nick Young nailing 3 treys cutting the Grizzlies' lead to 3 points with just 5 minutes left to play. 

The D-Rose Injury
How unlucky can you get? While the Bulls have managed to win without him in the regular season, this is different. They might win the series, but just how far can they go without Rose. I'm predicting a second-round exit at the most for the Rose-less Bulls.



Predictions
1st Round:
Spurs over Jazz in 5
Clippers over Grizzlies in 6
Lakers over Denver in 5
OKC over Mavs in 6 (sorry achi :P)
Sixers over Bulls in 6
Boston over Hawks in 6
Indiana over Magic in 6
Miami over New York in 5

2nd Round:
West
Spurs VS Clippers (Spurs in 6)
Lakers VS OKC (Lakers in 6)

East
76ers VS Boston (Boston in 6)
Indiana VS Miami (Miami in 5)

Conference Finals
Spurs over LA in 7
Miami over Boston in 5

I therefore conclude or more like predict that the NBA Finals will be between San Antonio Spurs and Miami Heat. These predictions are all based on the current line-ups of the team. (I'm assuming Ray Allen will suit up for game 2). Should any more injuries surface (hopefully not), depending on how serious the injury is plus depending on who will be injured, some of the predictions might change.

No comments:

Post a Comment