June 17, 2011

Why Bubble Tea Lost Me As A Customer

I'm an eager trier. A foodie, in other words. While my palette isn't exactly very experienced or worldly, I'm often willing to try something new. So one time, I went ahead and tried Bubble Tea.

Their Royal Milk Tea actually tasted good for me. Not at all what I'm used to, it has a more milky texture but I didn't find their mixture "nakakaumay". I also love the mix of the medium and small sized pearls. At 80 pesos for their Large-sized drink (16oz), it was a bit pricier than the 40 pesos Ersao PMT which I'm used to, but I didn't mind.

A few months after my first taste of Bubble Tea, they announced a price increase. I was expecting maybe at the most, a 20-peso price increase, so I was shocked to learn that a 50% price increase was implemented! From 80 pesos, the royal milk tea is now 125 pesos! Which in my opinion, is way too much! After the price increase, I lost interest.

Weeks later, Awesome.ph had a deal. Pay only 99 pesos for 300 worth of GC. It was worth a try. Their food seemed good so I thought what the heck. So me and my sister bought 1 each.

The first GC, we used for drinks. The 2nd one, we used for dinner at a different time.

I ordered Yakiniku Beef Rice and my sister ordered Roasted Garlic Mushroom Cream Spaghetti. I also ordered Takoyaki.


Yakiniku Beef Rice
It wasn't bad actually. Just a little too sweet for me. Portions were enough too. 


Roasted Garlic Mushroom Cream Spaghetti
Not bad either. But a bit on the nakakaumay side. Which can be expected from cream-based pastas.


Takoyaki
This tasted weird for me. And it was quite pricey too.


Overall, the eating experience itself wasn't bad. But the day after our dinner, I got sick. I kept feeling like I wanted to throw up. And I did, many times that night. My sister got an upset stomach too. So we concluded that it was probably because of the Bubble Tea dinner. Soon after, a friend and her husband told us that they ate at a different branch and they felt that the food served wasn't fresh! Tsk tsk tsk...


The two (2) surest ways to lose my business are:
1. bad service
2. bad food that makes me sick, literally!


So, Goodbye Bubble Tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment